Accidental Damage Insurance:
Let’s face it- accidents happen. On a high-end road bike or expensive electric bikes, especially one made of carbon fiber, a crash can sometimes mean major (and costly) repairs.
Once you take possession of your rental bike, you are responsible for damage that occurs while it is in your possession. Component or frame damage or breakage can lead to expensive repairs. We are offering accidental damage insurance to our customers, in the event that your rental bicycle is damaged during your rental period.
The cost of accidental insurance is $5 per day, and you must pay for each day you will have the bicycle out on rental.
What It Covers:
Our accidental damage insurance covers 100% of the following:
- Drivetrain damage (damage to any of the components related to the drivetrain of the bike, including shifters, cables, derailleurs, crankset, cassette, and chain).
- Minor wheel damage (broken spokes or out of true wheels).
- Damage to other components, not related to the frame or fork of the bicycle (handlebar, handlebar tape, stem, saddle, seatpost, pedals, brakes).
- Damage to tires or tubes or use of CO2 cartridges while you have the rental bike (damaged tubes or used CO2 cartridges must be returned to us at the end of your rental period).
For more severe wheel damage, the accidental damage insurance limits the cost of repair:
- In the event that a rim is deemed not repairable (due to breakage or other damage to the rim), the customer will be charged $125 toward replacement and service costs.
The accidental damage insurance limits the cost of frame or fork replacement in the event of damage:
- The customer will be charged $600 for replacement of the frame of the bicycle, in the event that damage (cracks or breakage) requires replacement.
- The customer will be charged $200 for replacement of the fork of the bicycle, in the event that damage (cracks or breakage) requires replacement.
What It Does Not Cover:
Theft of the bicycle(s) is NOT covered by the accidental damage insurance. In the event of theft, you will be charged full MSRP (varies dependent upon bike rented) for the bike.
Accidental damage insurance is intended to cover damage to the bicycle only.
All bicycles must be stored indoors on overnight rentals. Electric bikes must be transported properly, either in the back of a pick up truck or on an approved bike rack. Electric bikes are not to be transported inside the vehicle unless we approve it.